Rob and I just returned from a refreshing trip to New York City. Rob has a conference there each November and I have joined him for the past couple years. I love returning to the Big Apple. I have so many fond memories of the place, especially because it is where Rob and I met and dated. Plus, there is a certain reviving energy I feel every time I visit. We get to see shows, go to museums and meet up with old friends. Rob will never live there because he doesn't like the crowds, but I love the crowds, the excitement, the anonymity (and perhaps the independence from my overwhelming job of motherhood) that I feel when I'm there. Someday we will have to take our children.
The view out the window of our fancy-schmanzy midtown hotel.
I finally was able to see the September 11 Memorial. It is quite beautifully done.
However, returning there still gives me chills.
I convinced my parents to meet us there. My dad had business in New York anyhow. It was so much fun to see them and CK, Carl and their darling baby Athelia Claire. What a treat!
Here I am in front of 1 Liberty Plaza, my old office building.
I think it's getting some sort of a facelift.
Rob is not very excited to have his picture taken in Central Park.
I went for a run in Central Park and had to take photos of the autumn leaves. Switzerland is beautifully green, but the fall leaves are not as nice as the East Coast.
Rob in front of his old apartment building -- where he lived when we were dating.





No comments:
Post a Comment