Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Tyler!

We celebrated Tyler's first birthday today. It was not a huge event, after just doing a big birthday party for Mariah. But I think Tyler enjoyed it. It was just going to be a family affair, but the missionaries came over, so we celebrated with them too. (This is good because we are overflowing with cake here -- still of lots of Mariah's quadruple layer princess cake leftover.) He is such a sweet little boy and brings so much joy to our family. We are so glad to have him!

Gosh guys, is this whole thing for me?

I made Tyler a teddy bear cake. It was so easy compared to Mariah's princess cake. I just used chocolate and butterscotch chips (sent by Rob's mom, I can't get them here) and added cupcakes for ears. The only mistake I made was doing a yellow cake instead of a chocolate cake. I thought it would be too chocolatey with all the chocolate chips and frosting, but it really did need chocolate in the cake too.

Regardless, the cake was good enough for Tyler. He loved getting his first big taste of pure sugar! (Note: Tyler is really generally a happy boy and smiles and laughs a lot. He just NEVER smiles for pictures.)

"I'm all sugared out, mom!"

No comments: